One of the biggest and most important days for Amazon’s Prime members is coming. It’s an excellent day for them to save money on a wide range of goods!
For sellers, it’s the perfect time to make as many sales as possible, bring extra attention to the store, and create good relationships with customers for the long term.
Since its launch in 2015, Amazon Prime Day has grown into one of the busiest sales days of the year, generating substantial business benefits for Amazon and its eCommerce sellers. In 2021, consumers bought $11.2 billion worth of items from Amazon on Prime Day, up 7.7% from $10.4 billion in 2020.
There are several steps that you can use to be prepared on time and to ensure better results for your Prime Day activities, such as:
- Choose the products that you are going to promote/sell on Prime Day
- Create Lightning Deals on your best selling products
- Use coupons prior to and/or on Prime Day
- Utilize all Prime member offerings
- Prime Exclusive Discounts
- Prime Members Promos
- Prime Early Access Deals
- Create a concrete on- and off-Amazon marketing strategy
- Create product bundles
- Create an additional review strategy
- Have an advertising strategy and budget
It’s still not confirmed, but Amazon Prime Day 2022 will most likely take place on July 11 or 18. Amazon has announced that the inventory cutoff falls on June 20 this year and has notified sellers who want to participate in Prime Day that they must submit their deals for consideration by April 29.
So, one of the most urgent steps you need to take is choosing your products and submitting them for Lightning Deals. Here are the steps on how to submit and accept Lightning Deals:
To submit a Lightning Deal* to be considered for Prime Day, follow these steps:
- From the Merchandising drop-down menu, select ‘Promotions’.
- Choose ‘Lightning Deal’, and then select the ‘I want Amazon to consider my deal for Prime Day’ checkbox.
*Prime Day deal submission for participation ends on April 29
To accept a Lightning Deal recommendation for Prime Day:
- From the Merchandising drop-down menu, select ‘Promotions’ and go to the ‘Recommendations’ tab.
- Review and accept your recommendations. It takes just two clicks. You can also edit your recommendations before submitting them. (Not all vendors receive recommendations.)
If your deal is approved by April 29, 2022, Amazon will consider your submission for Prime Day and assign a start date around Prime Day Week for your deal based on its quality. Amazon does not guarantee that your deal will run on Prime Day.
Also, while creating your Lightning Deals, calculate the fees that are associated with them. Amazon announced that the Lightning Deals which run during the Prime Day event and Lightning Deals that run during the week of Prime Day will have different fees.
The best advice that we can give is to be prepared, do your research, and create your promotional strategies, advertising strategies, and off-Amazon activities. If you are in search of more strategies on how to win this year’s Prime Day.